TFax Number How it Works
TFax Number is an internet fax service....
TFax will receive fax documents on your behalf and deliver them to you electronically (via the Internet).
When you sign up for TFax, you will be issued a dedicated fax number or you can port your existing number to TFax.
Faxes sent to your number will be received by our fax servers, converted into a PDF or TIF file and delivered to you electronically (you do not need a fax machine).
Any faxes you send will be delivered via these same fax servers (you do not need a fax machine).
To receive a fax...
|How it works:
- The sender of the fax will insert their fax document into their fax machine and dial your fax number.
- The sender's fax machine will call your fax number, which is answered by our fax servers.
- The sender's fax machine will negotiate a sending signal with our fax server, then begin sending the fax.
- Once our fax server has received the entire fax document, it will close off the call.
- Our fax server will then deliver the fax to you electronically (via the internet).
To send a fax...
|How it works:
- You send your fax document via TFax.
- TFax converts the fax document into a raw fax image and passes this on to the fax server.
- The fax server calls the receiving fax number, which is answered by the receiving fax machine.
- The fax server will negotiate a sending signal with the receiving fax machine, then begin sending the fax.
- Once the fax server has sent the entire fax, it will close off the call.
- The fax server will then log all the call details for your later reference.